Regula 7517 is designed as a compact complex for desktop use. The workstation consists of a magneto-optical device Regula 7517A, an eddy-current magnetographing device Regula 7517B and magnetizing equipment Regula 7517C.
Regula 7517 is optionally supplied with a portable PC for collecting, storing, processing, transferring and displaying information; peripherals Regula 7516.
- Magneto-optical device Regula 7517A:
- USB device for magneto-optical visualization, which is constructed as a separate module. The USB device is used for:
Magnetic copying accessories set, which includes a combination magnetic scanner-demagnetizer with the set of replaceable concentrators, magnetic tape clamps, magnetic tape cartridges, etc. The accessories set is used for:
- step-by-step scanning of magnetic tape with the recorded data and obtaining a panoramic image of firearms and ammunition identification numbers
- converting a magneto-optical image into a digital video signal
- indicating the status of device systems
Eddy-current magnetographing device Regula 7517B. The device consists of a controller constructed in metal body and scanners used for non-destructive examination of the structure of electroconductive non-ferromagnetic and ferromagnetic materials.Magnetizing equipment Regula 7517C which is constructed as a magnetizing desk with brackets, planks, etc. The magnetizing equipment is intended for producing magnetic stray fields in thick-walled ferromagnetic objects and their registration during the examination process.NUCA software. The software is used for loading and processing images of identification numbers:
- creating a physical copy of magnetic stray fields distribution over the object surface using magnetic tape. The copy reflects relief and structural inhomogeneity of the material
- demagnetizing magnetic tapes for further use
- arranging, marking, storing and carrying extra magnetic tape and recorded magnetic copies
- service functions while performing magnetic copying
- comparing image fragments
- measuring linear and angle dimensions
- saving and printing obtained images
- Restoration of fully destroyed original firearms and ammunition identification numbers on ferromagnetic materials
- Surface examination of nonferromagnetic materials in order to get information and/or to prove the fact of original identification number falsification
- Detection of welded joint defects in ferromagnetic materials and aluminium alloys
Principles of operation
- After being demagnetized, magnetic tape is placed on the examined surface and fixed.
- One of the scanners selected according to the type of examined material (included in the delivery set of magneto-optical device Regula 7517A or eddy-current magnetographing device Regula 7517B) is connected to the controller. The scanner is moved along the examined surface.
- Magnetizing equipment Regula 7517C is used together with the scanners mentioned above for investigating internal stresses in thick-walled ferromagnetic objects.
- The controller forms voltage pulses with preset parameters and feeds them to the scanner.
- Pulse current flowing in the scanner conductor forms around it an alternating magnetic field which induces eddy currents in electroconductive material of the examined object.
- The eddy current trajectories and the corresponding magnetic stray fields show the lines of electric resistance formed on the basis of the size, form and location of defects on the examined object.
- Obtained magnetograms of magnetic stray fields are visualized by USB device for magneto-optical visualization which is included in magneto-optical device Regula 7517A.
- The visualized image is converted into a digital video signal.
- NUCA software processes the images of firearms and ammunition identification numbers.
- Court expertise
- Forensic departments
- Law-enforcement agencies
- Border control services
- Magneto-optical device Regula 7517A
- Eddy-current magnetographing device Regula 7517B
- Magnetizing equipment Regula 7517C
- NUCA software
- Magnetic tape, 10 m
- portable PC (selected at customer’s request)
- peripherals Regula 7516