Regula 6001 consists of two separate units: a measuring unit and a sensor unit. The units are connected with the help of a cable.
Principle of operation
The complex measures time necessary for a bullet to cross planes that are controlled by the sensors. The latter are located at a certain distance from each other.
- A bullet passes through the sensors operation area, it covers a part of the light flow going from the light emitting diodes to photodetectors.
- An electric pulse is generated on the photodetectors.
- The pulses are received by the measuring unit.
- The delay period between the pulses is calculated.
- The bullet speed is calculated.
- Measurement results are displayed on the digital indicator of the measuring unit. When the complex is connected to a PC, the results are transferred via an RS-232 port or a USB port and are displayed in the form of a report.
- Law-enforcement agencies
- Court expertise
- Forensic departments
- Military departments
- Sport, hunting, fishing communities, etc.
- Complex for measuring bullet speed Regula 6001-01
- Bullet software for operating the complex, measuring and recording bullet speed
- PC (model is selected at customer’s request)
Speed measuring range, m/s — 35–1250
Allowable relative measurement error, % — ±1,5
Interval between the shots, s, min — 1
Time of nonstop operation, h — 8
Bullet caliber, mm — 4,5–20
Dimensions (length×width×height), mm:
- measuring unit — 260×180×90
- sensor unit — 560×280×315
- measuring unit — 1,68
- sensor unit — 20
Power consumption, W — 40
- voltage, V — 220–230
- frequency, Hz — 50