Regula 4178 is a compact USB device constructed in plastic body in the form of a base for a spectral luminescent magnifier Regula 4177. The device power supply, control, displaying and processing examination results are carried out via a PC and Regula Forensic Studio software.
The optical module widens the spectral luminescent magnifier field of view. The device is equipped with additional light sources.
- Examinations on different levels
- protection of the document basis
- security fibers, planchetes, security threads, holograms, foil stamping, pole feature, transparent vanish coating, etc.
- printing methods
- intaglio: texts, guiloche frames, rosettes and vignettes, microprinting, latent images and moire patterns, signs for the visually impaired, blind embossing, colour shifting ink, including OVI with embossing and latent images, etc.
- letterpress: serial numbers, texts, barcodes, etc.
- offset printing including Orlov and rainbow printing: texts, microprinting, moire patterns, background and anti-copy patterns, etc.
- screen printing: security features with optically variable effects, etc.
- physico-chemical protection
- UV luminescence
- IR luminescence
- complex security features
- holographic images, OVD
- security features with IR-metameric ink
- special polymer coating of security laminates
- metallized coating
- laser engraving
- Additional examination of
- fragments of document images depending on the degree of absorption or reflection of IR light
- document alterations such as erasure, etching etc.
- traces of signature forgery
- extraneous lines (do not originally belong to the examined object) that are performed with IR opaque inks
- blurred, crossed out entries, texts and images
- document mechanical defects such as cuts, tears, folds, etc.
- Border control and immigration services
- Customs authorities
- Law-enforcement agencies
- Forensic laboratories
- Financial institutions
- Other agencies and organizations authorized to check documents