Optical module Regula 4178
The optical module is intended for advanced authenticity verification of passports, ID cards and other travel documents, visa stamps and seals, including but not limited to entry permits, banknotes, driving licenses, vehicle registration certificates and other vehicle related documents, signatures and handwriting fragments, revenue and special stamps, securities and other documents with security features.
Regula 4178 is a compact USB device constructed in plastic body in the form of a base for a spectral luminescent magnifier Regula 4177. The device power supply, control, displaying and processing examination results are carried out via a PC and Regula Forensic Studio software.
The optical module widens the spectral luminescent magnifier field of view. The device is equipped with additional light sources.
- Examinations on different levels
- protection of the document basis
- security fibers, planchetes, security threads, holograms, foil stamping, pole feature, transparent vanish coating, etc.
- printing methods
- intaglio: texts, guiloche frames, rosettes and vignettes, microprinting, latent images and moire patterns, signs for the visually impaired, blind embossing, colour shifting ink, including OVI with embossing and latent images, etc.
- letterpress: serial numbers, texts, barcodes, etc.
- offset printing including Orlov and rainbow printing: texts, microprinting, moire patterns, background and anti-copy patterns, etc.
- screen printing: security features with optically variable effects, etc.
- physico-chemical protection
- UV luminescence
- IR luminescence
- complex security features
- holographic images, OVD
- security features with IR-metameric ink
- special polymer coating of security laminates
- metallized coating
- laser engraving
- Additional examination of
- fragments of document images depending on the degree of absorption or reflection of IR light
- document alterations such as erasure, etching etc.
- traces of signature forgery
- extraneous lines (do not originally belong to the examined object) that are performed with IR opaque inks
- blurred, crossed out entries, texts and images
- document mechanical defects such as cuts, tears, folds, etc.
- Border control and immigration services
- Customs authorities
- Law-enforcement agencies
- Forensic laboratories
- Financial institutions
- Other agencies and organizations authorized to check documents
4 oblique from different sides
24 oblique for hologram examination
4 oblique infrared, 870 nm – from different sides
Regula 4177 field of view when using the optical module, mm ― 16×22
Connection interface — USB 2.0
OS — Microsoft Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Dimensions (length×width×height), mm ― 106×70×46
Weight, kg ― 0,3
Power supply voltage, V ― 5
Power consumption, W ― 2,5