Access to Dozens Tools for Examination
Regula Forensic Studio (RFS) is intended for advanced authenticity verification and forensic examination of travel and ID documents: passports, ID cards, visas, driver’s licenses, etc., as well as banknotes, various documents that have security features, handwritten fragments, and even works of art.
RFS software works with Regula forensic devices. The interface and contents of the program vary depending on the functionality of the connected Regula device.
- Operating Regula devices
- Storing examination results in a local database
- Comparing examination results with reference images from information reference systems
- Obtaining, processing and analyzing visual (images) and non-visual data from Regula devices, other image input devices (video grabbers, scanners etc.), graphic files, information reference systems, RFID tags etc.
Obtain Indisputable Results with IRS Databases
RFS Software allows you to use the Information Reference System while operating your Regula device. In this mode, you can choose between documents from the list and flip through images in different light sources. To date IRS counts more than 11 000 documents, banknotes and coins from 214 countries and territories.
When you switch between reference images, a corresponding change is made to the active light source of your Regula device.
So, if you click on the image in UV light, the RFS will activate the same light source inside your device. It is an essential function for quick visual checks. It is also available when working in the Comparison section.
You can capture an image of an object under examination and compare it with a reference one or you can activate the live video mode and compare live video with the reference image. In the latter case the resolution of the compared images is synchronized by changing the zoom level.
- Basic program settings (list of users, language, etc.)
- Maintaining your local databases (lists of documents and their contents)
- Creating a report that includes text data (image capture conditions, examination results) and graphic items (images, diagrams, etc.)
- Сontrol over the process of object examination in various lighting conditions, as well as with the use of spectrometer, hyperspectral analysis, and 3D relief construction tool
- Control over the process of capturing video images with or without additional processing of live video
- Creating and using scripts for examination
- Comparison of the obtained images with the possibility to adjust the scale, rotation angle and transparency
- Comparison according to the areas of intersection: substruction, addition, stitching and intersection
- Comparison of stored images/live video with images from the Information Reference System database
- Comparison of spectral characteristics of dyes: two examination results of hyperspectral analysis are compared with each other
- A variety of tools for measurement: distance, route length, angle, radius, color, and area measurements
- Marking tool for placing markers on fragments that are of particular interest
- Reading the MRZ zones, RFID chips, and barcodes
- Visualization of latent images
- Verification of the LetterScreen++ security feature (requires special licenses and a special SDK version)
- Basic processing tools: cropping, resizing, rotation, inversion, changing the color depth (color inversion)
- Adjustment tools: brightness, contrast, gamma, hue, saturation, level adjustment, signal correction, segmentation, color filter
- Filtering tools: smoothing, sharpening, relief displaying (emboss mode), tracing contours
- All the tools above can be included in scripts for repeated examinations